The RAW Foundation presents…
RAW Talks: Inspiration for ‘pointless plastic’-free event industry
11:00 – 14:00, Thursday 18th October
11:00 - 11:10: Introduction [Chris Johnson]
About RAW Foundation, RAW Bottles, the Drastic on Plastic Initiative (DOP) and the Plastic Free Guide and Resources + Showman’s Show step taken and vision.
11:10 - 11:40 - How to Make Your Event Plastic Free [30 minutes]
Audiences expect event sot take action on plastic. Join a panel of experts and innovators discussing the benefits of eliminating single use plastics and reveal how everyone can take effective action.
- Chris Johnson (host) - RAW Foundation
- Henry Talyor - Shambala Festival
- Luke - Hope Solutions TBC
- Gareth - Cropedy Festival
11:40 - 12:10 - Purpose, personality, people and profit: A Masterclass in Values-Based Marketing [30 mins]
A punchy masterclass with Ed Gillespie, co-founder of pioneering global sustainability change agency Futerra, author, and prolific social entrepreneur. Ed will outline the key ways in which business can be a powerful force for good when it combines creativity, compassion and courage to solve real problems.
12:10 - 12:40 Plastic Smart Solutions [30 mins]
Meet the most innovative companies providing plastic-smart drinking solutions to the event industry, in a series of short presentations, plus question time.
- FRANK Water: Onsite Refill service
- RAW Bottles: New supplier of high quality brandable drinks bottles
- Green Goblet: Leading reusable bar cups provider talks about the facts.
- Ohoo: Innovative solution to packaging drinks.
- APS presents EnviroCup, a reusable stainless steel cup for events.
12:40 – 13:10 - Behind the scenes in the waste industry
What actually happens to waste, what’s the global context, and what are the best decisions you can make? Get properly informed by joining an interview with Jonathan Taylor, Grist Environmental
13:10 – 13:30 Networking