Festival Vision:2025 Meeting
Skills & Knowledge Update
Wednesday 18th October, 14:00 – 17:30
1.45 Arrivals & welcome with host Graham Brown (Plaster PR)
14:00 Ben Robinson (From the Fields): The value and impact of engaging audiences in sustainability at Bluedot festival.
14:15 Quick Fire Innovations & Industry Updates
Hosted by Graham Brown (Plaster PR)
- Mark Laurie (NCASS): New Trader Carbon Calculator & Food Waste Project 8th Plate
- Vikki Chapman (Festival Republic) & Amanda Campbell (Comp-a-Tent): Turning Tent Trash into Future Resource
- Chris Williams (Prolectric): Innovation in Solar Lighting
- Catherine Bottrill (Julie’s Bicycle): Creative Green Certification & Biofuels — The Latest Research
- Abi Edgar (Energy Revolution): Turning Festival Travel Emissions into Renewable Energy
15:15 Panel Discussion: Re-imagining Water at Events — Hosted by Steve Heap (AFO): How environmental impacts from water at events can be minimised with innovations and initiatives? With panel guests:
Lise Honingser, (Ohoo!) William Goodwin, (Waste Into Water) & Annabelle Hunt (FRANK Water).
15.45 Tea & coffee break
16:00 Key Topic ‘Round Table’ Discussions: (4 rotating groups with 15 min per topic)
- Energy Management, Monitoring & Reporting: Tim Benson (SMART Power)
- Creating an Environmental Action Plan & Strategy: Catherine Botrill (Julie’s Bicycle)
- Working with Traders to Achieve your Sustainability Goals: Mark Laurie (NCASS)
- Tackling Festival Travel Emissions: Liz Warwick (Lansdowne Warwick/ Cambridge Folk Festival)
17:00 Networking: Share experiences with the Festival Vision:2025 community & meet power suppliers with sustainable solutions.